Omniguard® FS XD5
PREMIUM SYNTHETIC MINING AND OFF- ROAD EQUIPMENT EXTREME PRESSURE CALCIUM SULFONATE GREASE 5% MOLY
Phillips 66® Omniguard FS XD5 is a premium quality, synthetic, extreme pressure (EP), calcium sulfonate grease developed for use in off-road equipment operating at moderate to very low temperatures. It is particularly recommended for use in mobile equipment such as haul trucks, backhoes, excavators, front-end loaders, motor graders and bulldozers operating in wet conditions and under heavy or shock loads.
Omniguard FS XD5 is manufactured with a low viscosity synthetic polyalphaolefin (PAO) base oil and a non-soap, calcium sulfonate thickener. It is compounded with select additives to provide excellent oxidation resistance, EP and antiwear properties, and protection against rust and corrosion. It is fortified with 5% molybdenum disulfide (moly) for extra wear protection under conditions involving heavy or shock loading. The low viscosity synthetic base oil provides outstanding pumpability at low temperatures.
Omniguard FS XD5 has a distinctive platinum color for identification.
Features & Benefits
- High load carrying capacity
- Excellent wear protection
- Contains 5% moly for extra protection against galling and wear under shock loads
- Outstanding low temperature properties
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Off-road construction and mining equipment operating at moderate to very low temperatures
- Steering linkages, kingbolt bearings, pin joints, universal joints and other articulated chassis components
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling element bearings in off-road equipment
- Conveyor and fan bearings in chemical and manufacturing plants that require a corrosion-resistant grease with moly
- Centralized lube systems