Type F ATF
FORD TYPE F AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID
Phillips 66® Type F ATF is specifically designed for use in automatic transmissions in passenger cars and light trucks manufactured by Ford Motor Company prior to 1977, and in many 1977-1981 models. It also is recommended for use in many Borg-Warner automatic transmissions and older Ford power steering units, as well as in the hydrostatic drive systems and hydraulic systems on certain farm equipment.
Features & Benefits
- Proper frictional properties for transmissions that require a fluid with high static friction
- Excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability
- Protects against sludge and varnish formation
- Protects against wear
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Good low-temperature properties
- Good seal compatibility
- Good foam resistance
- Service fill in all automatic transmissions and power steering units that require a fluid meeting the requirements of Ford specification ESW-M2C33-F
- Hydrostatic drive systems and hydraulic systems on certain farm equipment
Note: Type F ATF is not recommended for use in transmissions that require any other type of automatic transmission fluid besides Type F.