EXTREME PRESSURE CALCIUM SULFONATE GREASE, 5% MOLY
Phillips 66® Omniguard XD5 is a premium quality, high performance, extreme pressure (EP) calcium sulfonate grease developed to satisfy the severe lubrication requirements of mining and off-road equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, Terex, Komatsu Dresser, Le Tourneau, P&H, and others. It is recommended for use in AC and DC electric drive haul trucks, cranes, scrapers, shovels, draglines and other equipment operating under wet conditions, moderate to high temperatures and heavy or shock loads.
Omniguard XD5 is manufactured with high-quality base oils and a non-soap, calcium sulfonate thickener. It is compounded with select additives that provide EP and antiwear properties, excellent rust and corrosion protection, and excellent oxidation resistance. It is fortified with 5% molybdenum disulfide (moly) for extra wear protection under heavy or shock loads. Functional polymers provide better adhesion to metal surfaces and enhanced resistance to water washout in wet environments.
Features & Benefits
- High dropping point (>500°F)
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent wear protection
- Contains 5% moly for extra protection against galling and wear under shock loads
- Excellent oxidation resistance
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection
- Chassis parts and wheel bearings of mine haul trucks and other off-highway equipment
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling element bearings in industrial and mobile equipment where the manufacturer specifies a high-temperature, EP grease with 5% moly